Alabama Department of Agriculture & Industries
The Alabama Department of Agriculture & Industries is an independent agency responsible for serving farmers and consumers of agricultural products. Alabama has a robust program of energy efficiency and the department wished to upgrade old systems with energy-efficient and environmentally-forward technologies.
OpTerra Energy Services worked with Alabama Department of Agriculture & Industries to perform energy-saving upgrades in four buildings.
Through this successful partnership with OpTerra Energy Services, the Department is saving energy and water at a rate that translates to keeping 206 tons of waste out of a landfill every year.
The Technical Scope
- New and replacement split DX system
- New fan coil units and two-pipe system
- Variable flow pumping
- Demand controlled ventilation
- Energy management systems
- Controls and motion sensors
- Lighting retrofit: daylighting, ballasts, exit signs, lamps, reflectors, parking lot and outdoor lighting
- Power factor correction
- Variable speed drives
- Vending machines
- Equipment scheduling controls
- Low-flow showers, faucets, toilets and urinals
- Water conservation